Who is the controller of your personal data?
The Aruban company, Aruba Aloe Balm N.V. (“Aruba Aloe”), is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under the applicable data protection law.
Aruba Aloe Balm N.V.
Pitastraat 115, Oranjestad
Phone: +297 5883222
What personal information do we collect from you?
When you use the Website, we can collect the following personal information:
- your name, email address and password (registration via the Website);
- your name, address, email address, phone number and payment method (placing an order via the webshop);
- your IP address, browser software, operating system, the time and date on which you visited the Website, links you clicked or pages you visited on the Website, products you added to your cart and through which online media channel, webpage or online advertisement you were led to the website. This can all be tracked by means of cookies (for more information please refer to the header cookies);
- your email address and country you live in (subscription to our newsletter);
- and other personal information you may provide to us by email (email correspondence between you and Aruba Aloe).
We can process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process your order and to provide you with information about the status of your order.
- if you have subscribed to our newsletter, to inform you about our products and special promotions.
Do you no longer wish to receive the newsletter? Then you can always unsubscribe by clicking the button unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter or by sending an email with your request to email@example.com
- for market research and to statistically analyze your user behavior (for example by analyzing the information we obtained by your visit to the Website) to help improve our service to you and help make your shopping experience on our Website more enjoyable and personal.
- for promotional and marketing purposes (for example to help adapt our advertisements google and social media to your interests and measure the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- for processing complaints and disputes, performing audits and meeting statutory requirements.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place, which require these organizations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Third party service providers
- To fulfill orders for products and services
We work with our distribution partner, EMbrands in Indianapolis, and a few other trusted service providers who carry out services on our behalf. When you purchase products and services from us, the services provided by these organizations includes order processing, delivery, customer service and processing payments. It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose.
- To prevent crime and comply with laws
We share your financial information including your credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. This data sharing enables us to conduct fraud analysis, which ensures that genuine and accurate payment details are provided to us for any purchase. We may share your personal data with credit agencies if you are requesting credit.
There may be other scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfill a legal requirement.
- Other professional services
We may need to disclose your personal data to our insurers where we believe that it is required under our contractual relationship with our insurance provider to do so.
We work with carefully selected third parties, such as our customer database hosting provider, marketing agencies and advertising partners who assist us in providing you with a positive customer experience. We work with these third parties to place relevant content and advertisements for you on our website, other websites and online media channels. In order to do this, we use pixels and cookies. You can read more about Cookies below.
Security of your personal information
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, we have taken adequate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the security of your personal information. We store the personal information that we process on a secure database that is protected by technical access controls.
What are your rights?
Based on the Privacy Act, you can request the review, change or removal of your personal information. You can submit such substantiated request - including your full name - to us per email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you within four weeks after receipt of a request for review, change or removal of personal information.
On the Website we use the cookies listed below
If you have questions about the use of personal information, please contact us by email: email@example.com